08 February 2010

Tutorial...










All images belong to me and are my own work. If you post them elsewhere please ask my permission first and please credit me. 



Visual Noise

Well I'm well on the way with my current project which is focused around digitally printed textiles. The brief asked me to create designs for digitally printed fabric and push the boundaries of what pattern is. To begin with I started to make a collection of drawings and photographs I could work from, I then began to combine all the elements. I had my tutorial on Thursday which i'd say went quite well and gave me lots of insight on what to do next bearing in mine this is just a short three week project and must be complete by Thursday! The majority of the imagery I have drawn so far relates to birds and things that fly. It came up in tutorial that I could maybe look at other things that fly and relate to the sky or I could make it a little more interesting by drawing more interesting and different objects! I also need to think about the pattern on a garment and scale and placement and maybe think about what kind of fabric it would work well on.

7 comments:

ellinelle said...

..hello ..you have done such an amazing job ..I really LOVE it ..the last picture are just like a dream ..I can imagine beautiful silk blouse with that kind of print ...just so beautiful ..

Unknown said...

Lovely! I adore the third one..they're really well done :)

Dirty Hair Halo said...

You have a fantastic eye.

I love the colors, the textures, the shapes...

www.SeekingDirtyHairHalo.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

love your blog
keep it up
gorgeous inspiration
thanks for sharing as always
and thanks for the sweet comments, i appreciate it

-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

nice pictures!!

Zuzanna said...

Thet all are great. Especially 2nd and 3rd.

I invite u to my blog.

Ash Fox said...

so beautiful! love them.

x